American Ballet Theatre did what is does best Thursday evening in Le Corsaire, providing an evening filled with technically brilliant bravura dancing. Check out my curtain call photos on my photography website notmydayjobphotography.com. Look for my review Saturday. In the meantime, here are are a few quick late night thoughts:
- Skylar Brandt delivered a Principal Dancer worthy performance as the beautiful, radiant Medora, filling in for the injured Maria Kochetkova. A fine performance from the Soloist, making her bid for a promotion.
- Herman Cornejo, at age 36, still has it with a high-flying Conrad the pirate performance.
- If there is a better Lankendem than Daniil Simkin, I would like to see him. Daniil was brilliant as the owner of the bazaar, with numerous high-flying leaps and endless turns.
- Jeffrey Cirio as Ali gave an energetic rendition as Ali, the slave.
- Sarah Lane was lyrical as Gulnare.